“Sacred tradition, Sacred Scripture and the teaching authority of the Church… are so linked and joined together that one cannot stand without the others” (Dei Verbum Par. 10).
Ever wanted to pray with Scripture but wasn't sure how to interpret what you're reading? Ever prayed with Scripture and wondered what the Church thought about the passage? Ever tried reading the Catechism and got frustrated because its "dry, boring, not relevant"?
We'd like to introduce you to Dual Wielding. Its a way of praying with Scripture and the Catechism. And it will change everything.
I'm writing a short guide - "Dual Wielding: Praying with Scripture and the Catechism" - that will walk through how to Dual Wield with Scripture and the Catechism. Its gonna be epic.
I've been praying with Scripture and the Catechism for a few years now and its totally changed the way I look at the faith, my relationship with Jesus, the way I talk about the faith, and the ways I've applied the faith to my daily life.
I wish, hope, and pray that all Catholics know how to do this.
Watch the video above to get the gist of using the Index of Citations in the Catechism to pray with Scripture.
The guide "Dual Wielding: Praying with Scripture and the Catechism" will include stuff like:
- the benefits of praying with Scripture and the Catechism
- artsy photos
- the method of Dual Wielding (similar to Lectio Divina with some twists)
- a video series to go along with the guide
- principles that help you Dual Wield better
- how to handle common problems when praying with Scripture and the Catechism (What if there's no citation in the Catechism?)
- example walk-throughs of the method of Dual Wielding we do at Reverb Culture
- and extras like cocktail recipes, helpful books, and tools that help you get more out of the catechism
While I'm working on this ebook guide, I'm going to be sharing with the Reverb Community how the guide is coming, share some sneak peaks and sections, and ask for some feedback and contributions from you, the Reverb Culture Community.
If you're interested in the guide, and/or interested in getting a few updates here and there and being involved (reading, reviewing, contributing to the guide) head over to reverbculture.com/dualwield and sign up to that email list.
What if we started a movement of crazy young adults who read and prayed with Scripture and the Catechism every day? Can you imagine the culture shift a movement of young adults like that could cause?